OSU/Meyer/Recruiting

A place for Red Wings Central visitors to talk about off-topic sports -- Lions, Tigers, Pistons, college sports or anything else you'd like.

Re: OSU/Meyer/Recruiting

Unread postby Rightwinger on Fri Feb 03, 2012 9:50 pm

Jordan Diamond did his Labron bit and chose Auburn tonite over UM, Hogs. 4 star OL. That leaves Alex Kozan another 4 star OL left to make a choice and UM is in the running there too.
....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby slowhandfan on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:46 pm

This guy is definetly going to restore OSU to righteousness...

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2012-02-03/sports/os-bianchi-saturday-circus-0204-20120203_1_urban-meyer-college-coaching-profession-dwight-howard

They had to settle for Meyer, as Hitler, Stail, and Pete Rose were unavailable....
Red Wings Rule
slowhandfan

Unread postby Rightwinger on Sat Feb 18, 2012 8:32 pm

Five oral commitments to Wolverines today.... All four star recruits. Chris Fox just joined the group below reported by Freep. We beat Meyer for at least two of these guys.
------
Michigan's 2013 football class is growing --quickly.

The big recruiting weekend has already netted four oral commitments, bringing the class' total to seven, with nearly a year to go until Signing Day.

All four prospects are among Rivals.com’s Top 200 prospects in the class.

The haul began with Wheaton, Ill., offensive lineman Kyle Bosch (Rivals.com's No. 60 overall prospect), according to TheWolverine.com and GoBlueWolverine.com, then Novi Catholic Central athlete Wyatt Shallman (@Shallmanator49), No. 160 overall, who tweeted that he committed.

That was followed later this afternoon by the news from Scout.com about Detroit Cass Tech defensive back Jourdan Lewis (No. 167) and Cass Tech offensive lineman David Dawson (No. 199.)

All four are rated as four-star recruits by Rivals.com. They join previous commits: Warren DeLaSalle quarterback Shane Morris, Alliance, Ohio cornerback Dymonte Morris and Detroit Crockett tight end Khalid Hill.

Sent from my HTC Rezound.
....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby JimIs60 on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:03 pm

You know, Rightwinger, when I see the title of your thread, I keep thinking it says Oscar Mayer Recruiting. Does that mean that Urban Mayer is a weinie looking for a bunch of hotdogs?
JimIs60

Unread postby Rightwinger on Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:32 pm

Holy s***t Michigan snagged eight this weekend! All four star recruits. Sick.

Lessee how Oscar Meyer D*ckhead responds to that. Maybe he's just interested in just the five star kids.

....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby Rightwinger on Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:03 am

Mlive added this tidbit this morning on the UM haul:

•Ten of Michigan's 11 commits are ranked among Rivals' Top 200. For comparison, Alabama's top-ranked 2012 class finished with 14.

Used to be, we never heard of junior recruiting. I find it kind of amazing that major college programs are picking up on these kids and having them orally commit before their senior year. I was never a great HS football player, but way back when development was something that continued through the end of your senior year. Weird.
....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby Ghostwing on Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Rightwinger wrote:Holy s***t Michigan snagged eight this weekend! All four star recruits. Sick.

Lessee how Oscar Meyer D*ckhead responds to that. Maybe he's just interested in just the five star kids.

He has almost a year to try and steal them.
"No truth passes these lips!!....Barack Hussein Obama" USA 1776 - 2010 RIP
Ghostwing

Unread postby Rightwinger on Mon Feb 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Yup. And UM stole one of their big boys when Tressel and that mess played out. At least UM has got some mud to toss on Oscar Meyer.

....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby Rightwinger on Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:58 pm

Another day, another UM commitment for the class of 2013. This sort of thing reminds me of the depth of feeling recruits get from MSU. Interview excerpt from his visit earlier this month:

ACE: What would you say was the high point of the visit? Can you pick out a particular thing that stood out to you?

JARON: Easily. Easily I can say the highest point was me starting from the very top of the tunnel, running down the tunnel, jumping, and just walking out onto the field. I went from the 'M' in the center of the field, to end zone, to end zone, and back to the center, and a tear came down my face.

ACE: Is Michigan a place you could see yourself playing?

JARON: Oh, yes sir.

ACE: Do you know what other schools you want to see at this point?

JARON: Yes. I would like to take a trip to Cincinnati, Michigan State, I'd like to go up to West Virginia, maybe Illinois.

http://mgoblog.com/diaries/catching-jaron-dukes

And so it is. Jaron Dukes, wideout from that state down there coming to Ann Arbor. No need to visit MSU after all. :)
....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Unread postby Rightwinger on Tue Mar 06, 2012 4:22 pm

Mike McCray OL from Ohio just committed to UM today. 44th rated player in the nation. UM now has 14 commitments, nearly all four star prospects and half are in the Rivals top 100.

I do not know how they judge these kids when they have not played their senior season yet. Seems like a roll of the dice.
....sent by Internet.
Rightwinger

Previous

Return to Off-Topic Sports Discussion