Webber Returning to Pistons?

A place for Red Wings Central visitors to talk about off-topic sports -- Lions, Tigers, Pistons, college sports or anything else you'd like.

Webber Returning to Pistons?

Unread postby DieHardRed on Fri Dec 21, 2007 1:36 am

They would have to make room for him:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3163962
DieHardRed

Unread postby Packer487 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 3:45 am

The only way I see it happening is if we make a 2 for 1 or 3 for 1 trade using our expiring contracts (Murray, Herrmann, Brezec) and sign Webber in one of the free roster spots.

Otherwise, I don't see what he offers that the guys at the bottom of the roster don't. We don't really need another big that badly. Sheed, Dyess, Maxiell, Johnson, Brezec...hell, even Herrmann is like 6'9". Samb looked good when he got a chance as well (even though I know he's out a couple months now).

Adding Webber doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Unless they upgrade someone in a trade and free up a roster spot or two. Then, why not?
Packer487

Unread postby TStar on Fri Dec 21, 2007 12:42 pm

I'm with you. Not really sure where he fits into the team and he didn't exactly wow me last year during his time here. Not really a big fan of trading away Murray either.
Plagiarising GDTs since 2007.

Carpe Diem!
TStar

Unread postby Packer487 on Fri Dec 21, 2007 2:34 pm

I don't think we'll need Murray once Stuckey comes back. His minutes have already been cut to get Lindsey some playing time. Once Stuckey comes back, it's not going to get any better (since they said on one of the telecasts that they had Stuckey penciled in for 24 minutes a game).

I wouldn't make a trade for the sake of making a trade, because you never know how injuries will come into play. But if we have a chance to upgrade significantly somewhere in a 3 for 1 or a 2 for 1 deal (I have no theories on what that might be unless they could somehow finagle a starting center and have McDyess back coming off the bench--not likely), I'd go for it and sign Webber.
Packer487

Unread postby octopus on Sat Dec 22, 2007 10:55 am

Webber was good with the Pistons last year, until he ran out of gas. I'm not sure if I have faith in his "off-season regimen," to think he'd be coming back rarin' to go like Chelios, fresh off a summer sweating bullets on a California beach with that genius trainer.

Webber was probably on the beach, but I see him with a drink next to him, maybe in a coconut shell with a little umbrella and some fruit sticking out. Maybe enjoying some mellow herb, listening to King Tubby's "Real Gone Crazy Dub."

TIME OUT! 8)

http://www.rhapsody.com/kingtubby/10968 ... mastervol1
Glendening Is Good
octopus

Return to Off-Topic Sports Discussion