Braylon Edwards

A place for Red Wings Central visitors to talk about off-topic sports -- Lions, Tigers, Pistons, college sports or anything else you'd like.

Braylon Edwards

Unread postby PokerAndPucks on Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:10 pm

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdo ... fl-wp14415

It's nice seeing an athlete do something like this and actually following through with a promise.
Mantha will end up being close to a Franzen type player.
PokerAndPucks

Re: Braylon Edwards

Unread postby JimIs60 on Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:21 pm

Braylon may ask for his money back, since the 49er's cut him just the other day.
JimIs60

Re: Braylon Edwards

Unread postby legendofgordi on Wed Dec 28, 2011 10:46 pm

Braylon Edwards needs to figure out what type of guy he wants to be. Will he be the philanthropist who turns his talent into something better for others--i.e., a Michigan man ---or just another partying dude always on the edge of trouble? He seems to have a good heart- you can't look at what he's done from a charitable perspective and not agree that he's made life better for others. But he's had tons of legal issues and from that perspective, he has been a complete embarasment to his university. He's the kind of guy that, if he were my friend, I'd flat out say "you're talented, you're damn near 30 years old and your life could go one of two ways- which one is it gonna be?" Hopefully he figures it out. And hopefully his dad doesn't keep making excuses for him like he did in Cleveland. The fact is- he's soon to be on his 4th NFL team in a pretty young career. He needs to look in the mirror.
"You can always get someone to do your thinking for you."--- Gordie Howe, asked why players always wear a cup, but not always a helmet
legendofgordi

Location: At a "how to sign over the hill players" seminar with Ken Holland

Return to Off-Topic Sports Discussion